Who loves us the most? A free desk awaits you.
Posted on 21st August 2012 by Nick Marsh -
We've got a total of six spare desks at Sidekick Studios that we'd like to give to some really interesting people.
Below is an arty photo of the desks with extra objects in it to make it look nice:
A bit more info about the desks.
- The desks are in our studio, which is very near Old Street roundabout / Silicon Roundabout / The pulsating heart of Britains digital renaissance / above a Ladbrokes. You can see some more stylish pictures of our studio here. Its very nice and bright.
- You can ask for between one and six desks. If we give away one or two then obviously it reduces the number available, so if you are looking for several you should get in touch ASAP.
- The desk is free, for a period of at least three months, but, you have to use it. If you are only going to pop in once a week then we'd rather give it to someone who needs a more permanent desk. So, if you don't use it enough then we may have to give it to someone else. Basically we're doing this so we will have interesting people around the studio, so if you are not around much it defeats the point of it.
- The desk comes with free access to our wifi.
- The desk can come with a Dell 26" monitor if you want to borrow one.
- We also have a free sweet shop that you can eat as many sweets as you like from. And tea and coffee etc.
- The desk is definitely available between 9.30 and 5.30 every weekday. If you need other times then ask us and we can work something out - the building is open 24/7.
- We have two meeting rooms that you can book to use if you need them.
- If you want to do any special events, we have quite a big space with a projector and a lion tamer stand, and we have lots of folding chairs. We can hold probably around 50 people quite easily.
- The studio is generally quite quiet - we sometimes play background music.
- We have a company wide standup at 4.30 every friday, and we'd love it if you could join in with that.
If you would like to have one or more of these desks, please email Liz with your details and some info about why you should have it. Creative entries will get us much more excited and will therefore be more likely to get the desk.
We're especially interested in hearing from people who are just setting up a new business, and from people who do stuff that is quite different to us but still needs a quiet desk - e.g photographers, illustrators, writers etc.